2015 Caroling Mob: Sunday, Dec. 20
(Updated Nov. 17, 2015)
What it Is:
Join the 12th annual Merry Christmas Caroling Mob! Sing to residents of Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts (USA) in four-part harmony, with feelin'.
- Where: Meeting Place: TBA on DEC 1, check back!
- When: 4pm, we start walking @4:15. We will do something involving food afterwards.
- How: Just show up! Please let me know if you are bringing a large crew. $5 donations happily accepted (to cover copies etc)
- Learn: Learn harmonies for the carols at our Caroling Class! WEDNESDAY evenings in December, December 2, 9 and 16, from 7-8 pm at the Spontaneous Celebrations building, 45 Danforth Street in Jamaica Plain. Contact Joel if you are interested.
- Snow or shine! (if the weather is a complete disaster, we'll sing on the T!)
Free and open to merry singers of all ages, abilities, races, orientations, denominations, etc. Music and/or lyrics provided in paper or PDF form for the tablet-enhanced (assuming you want to use them in the cold and snow). Bring candle lanterns (Lantern Parade lanterns work great), weather-appropriate clothing and gloves, festive hats and scarves, mugs for drinking Wassail, if you want to be green, and your good cheer.
Organized by Joel Sindelar and SingPositive JP, the Caroling Mob has numbered from 30 to 100 singers in the past. Read about our 2006 expedition in the Boston Globe article A Caroling Mob Takes to the Streets, or check out our blog from mobs past.
Dress warmer than your usual walking garb- there's some standing involved in caroling.
It wouldn't be a bad idea to bring some extra scarves, a blanket or two, etc. to lend to the underprepared. It wouldn't be a bad idea to put some tape with your phone number on those things, as well.
It's hard to get a good photo of something so mercurial as a Caroling mob....